Careers – Internship
Undergraduate Innovation Intern
View All Positions
We are looking for an Intern to join Launch Factory, an early-stage startup studio in San Diego, CA, in Summer and/or Fall 2020.
Launch Factory Overview
Launch Factory is a startup studio that provides a pathway to entrepreneurship for those with the ability and passion to build a successful company.
We source and develop concepts for our future businesses, then recruit talented entrepreneurs to launch and grow these new startups. We believe our rigorous due diligence, founder selection, and incubation process can address many common causes of startup failure and increase the success rate of our companies.
The Innovation Team
The successful candidate will join our innovation team. This group drives the idea generation and acquisition for potential ventures, the preliminary and secondary market research, and all the due diligence to qualify and develop great start-ups.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Execute primary and secondary research to evaluate target markets and start-up opportunities.
- Assist with evaluation and financial forecasting for new business opportunities to assess their feasibility
- Support all internal ideation activities (e.g.: facilitate brainstorming session, evaluate ideas for further refinement, etc…)
- Support outreach activities to establish reliable idea sources.
Qualifications / Experience
We are looking for someone with an outstanding track record, with excellent attention to details and an owner mindset.
You should have:
- A degree in any related field (business, management, engineering, mathematics, product design). We will also consider students that are graduating in 2020 or 2021.
- Experience in evaluating new ideas and business planning.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to communicate with senior stakeholders
- Proficiency in Excel; R or Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with design-thinking frameworks is a plus
Part-time / Unpaid
Ready to learn more Launch Factory